Save-A-Life (SAL) Initiative
To enhance community first response to cardiac arrest cases in the residential heartlands, the SCDF, in collaboration with Ministry of Health (MOH), Singapore Heart Foundation and the People’s Association, introduced the Save-A-Life (SAL) Initiative in 2015.
The SAL Initiative entails three components namely:
- Heartware and;
Cardiac Arrest Facts
- Annually, more than 2,300 Singaporeans suffer from cardiac arrest, of which only 3% survive
- Every second matters as chances of survival drops by 7% to 10% every minute
- Bystander CPR is shown to double survival rates
The first step to volunteering is to know more about CPR/AED. Below are some recommended ways to do so!
- Take a CPR/AED certification course today at any of the SRFAC Registered CPR Training Centres today;
- Learn more about CPR/AED awareness through the Dispatcher Assisted first Responder(DARE) Programs that are free or;
- Watch this video.