Information of Earthwork / Work
Any party who intend to carry out any works in the vicinity of the P&FM pipeline shall notify SCDF. SCDF will check and divert the request to P&FM pipeline licensee and land owner for attention. Any person working near the pipelines shall collaborate with licensee to implement measures to protect the pipeline from all possible damages.
Requirements on Third Parties working near the P&FM Pipeline
Pre-work Consultation with P&FM pipeline licensee
- The works owner or contractor must inform P&FM pipeline licensee in advance of their intention to work within the vicinity of the pipeline. Such works include excavation, piling, earthwork levelling, bore logging, trial holes, blasting, tunnelling or any earth works. The proposed work with construction drawings and method of statements must be given to licensee to evaluate the impact of the works on the pipeline. This enables licensee to advise on appropriate precautionary measures to be taken.
- The works owner or contractor must obtain the as-built drawings of P&FM pipeline from licensee. They are required to incorporate the pipeline alignment co-ordinates into their construction drawings. Please note that the information in the as-built drawings should be treated as confidential. Do not disclose or forward them to others.
Download: Works Request Form
Precautionary Measures during Works
- The works owner and contractor must take all necessary precautions to prevent any damages to the P&FM pipelines during the construction stage. They must inform licensee before carrying out any excavation works near the pipeline. It is important to report all damages to the pipeline and its coating to licensee. Repair must be done immediately to prevent corrosion aggravation to the pipeline at the damage location and thus becoming a potential hazard.
- For major works that span over a long period of time, the owner and contractor must hold monthly meetings to update licensee on the progress and any changes to their works.
- For any new development surrounding the P&FM pipelines, the developer must inform the property owner on the location of the pipeline within their premises and draw up measures to prevent any possible damage to it. Pipeline within a fenced compound must be accessible to licensee for patrolling and any maintenance works as and when required.
Repair of Damage Pipe/Coating
- In the event the pipe and/or its coating are damaged by the third party works, P&FM licensee will undertake the necessary repair works. All costs of such repairs shall be borne by the third party responsible for the damage.
- P&FM pipeline licensee shall notify SCDF for any damage pipe.
When urgent works resulting out of emergencies have to be done near the pipeline, the owner and contractor must call SCDF at the emergency line 995. SCDF officers will respond within 2 hours of the call to verify the location of the pipeline and divert the request to the P&FM licensee to monitor excavation works.
For more information on Earthwork matters, you may contact the following:
|Mr Kelvin Wong||6848 1484|
|Ms Richall Loh||6848 1735|