Civil Defence Shelter Information
Procedures for Shelter Occupation
- Before the start of a war or an emergency, SCDF will increase public education programmes to prepare you to take precautionary and protective measures.
- You should prepare your shelter for occupation.
- When the "Alarm" signal from the Public Warning System (PWS) is sounded, you need to move into their shelter.
- In the shelter, you should tune in to local TV or radio channels for important messages. This can be done via mobile devices using WIFI / mobile networks or portable radios.
- Once the "All Clear" signal is sounded, you can leave the shelter and resume your daily routine.
CD Shelter Sign
To identify a CD Public Shelter, look out for the CD shelter sign. You will see it near or at the places where the shelters are located.
Locate your nearest CD Shelter
Click here to locate your nearest CD Shelter.
Please follow these steps to view the Civil Defence Public Shelters on OneMap:
|1) Click on “Menu” Tab;|
|2) Click on the “Nearby” category;|
|3) Click on “Safety and Security” category;|
|4) Click on “Civil Defence Public Shelters” category;|
|5) Click on “Show Map”.|