Civil Defence Shelter Information
Procedures for Shelter Occupation
- Before the start of a war or an emergency, SCDF will increase public education programmes to prepare you to take precautionary and protective measures.
- You should prepare your shelter for occupation.
- When the "Alarm" signal from the Public Warning System (PWS) is sounded, you need to move into their shelter.
- In the shelter, you should tune in to local TV or radio channels for important messages. This can be done via mobile devices using WIFI / mobile networks or portable radios.
- Once the "All Clear" signal is sounded, you can leave the shelter and resume your daily routine.
CD Shelter Sign
To identify a CD Public Shelter, look out for the CD shelter sign. You will see it near or at the places where the shelters are located.