MHA Uniformed Scholarship
CLICK TO APPLY
The Ministry of Home Affairs Uniformed Scholarship is offered to highly motivated individuals who are passionate about safeguarding the safety and security of our Home. This scholarship allow you to kickstart your leadership journey as a SCDF Fire &
Rescue or Paramedic Officer.
Throughout their career, our officers are placed in positions where they are able to make an impact in the lives of many others. There is pride in knowing that our day to day work contributes to a greater cause of keeping our loved ones and country safe
If the noble mission and values of SCDF resonate with you, we invite you to be part of our family, by applying for a scholarship to be a uniformed officer in The Life Saving Force. Together, we can build upon the good work that has been done, and continue
to watch over the lives of over five million others.
- Fire & Rescue Officer
- Paramedic Officer
- Local or overseas universities - Most disciplines (except medicine, dentistry and architecture)
- For Paramedic: Para-medicine or related disciplines in Emergency Health or Clinical Practice.
Note: Applicants intending to pursue a degree in Law will not be called to the Bar while serving in the Home Team.
- September to March of the following year
- 4 years for local studies
- 5 years for studies in non-English speaking countries
- 6 years for studies in English speaking countries
Note: The bond period starts on the day Scholarship recipients assume official duty after completing their studies.
- Singapore Merit Scholarship (SMS);
- Singapore Government Scholarship (SGS);
- Local Merit Scholarship (LMS);
- Home Team Local Study Award (HTLSA).
Award Value and Benefits
*for selected scholarship tiers
- Singapore Citizen or SPR who is intending to take up Singapore Citizenship;
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential;
- Possess strong interest in safeguarding the safety and security of Singapore;
- Have good academic and Co-Curricular Activitis (CCAs) records;
- Have a GCE A-Levels, International Baccalaureate, Polytechnic, NUS High School, or other high school diploma/certificate;
- Current Undergraduate students (not in final year of studies) may also apply for mid-term scholarship;
- Perform well in National Service (for male applicant);
- Candidates aspiring for the Singapore Merit Scholarship (SMS) tier should qualify and excel in Rota Commander Course.
CLICK TO APPLY