Minor Addition/Alteration Works
Definition and Criteria of Minor A&A
Lodgement of Minor Additions/Alterations Works (Minor A&A)
The lodgement scheme is only applicable to minor alterations or additions as set out in the Schedule (Fire Safety (Building and Pipeline Fire Safety) Regulations) to any building or part of a building in respect of which a temporary fire permit or a fire safety certificate is issued.
Refer also to Fire Safety (Building and Pipeline Fire Safety) Regulations, Under Regulation 4 and THE SCHEDULE- MINOR ALTERATIONS OR ADDITIONS NOT REQUIRING APPROVAL OF PLANS
The plans shall be lodged by the following types of QPs:
- Registered Architect; or
- Professional Engineer (Civil); or
- Professional Engineer (Structure); or
- Professional Engineer (Mechanical); or
- Professional Engineer (Electrical).
The Qualified Person shall make application to SCDF through CORENET e-submission before commencement of the MAA works. The fee for each submission is $90.The submission procedure is as follows:
Compliance to the following guidelines
The plan shall comprise of the following (Final MAA plan shall be submitted together with e-form MAACFSW.XFD):
- Site plan / location plan;
- Whole floor plan in detail - indicating clearly the exits / exit staircases available and the type of fire protection system for the building;
- Detailed layout plan of the addition / alteration indicating:
- The usage of all rooms / areas / compartments;
- The contents of store(s);
- The existing fire doors with rating;
- The layout of sprinklers / detectors.
- Sectional plan of the proposed works;
- Details of partitions, including the type of construction / materials used;
- The QP shall endorse on title block of the plan as follows:
"I __________(Qualified Person's name) in accordance with Regulation 4(5) of the Fire Safety (Building Fire Safety) Regulations hereby certify that the Minor Addition/Alteration works have been satisfactorily completed on _______ (date); and
"I certify that the addition / alteration works do not affect the existing fire protection system in accordance with Regulation 4(5) of the Fire Safety (Building Fire Safety) Regulations"; or
"I certify that the addition / alteration works as shown in these drawings affected the existing *sprinkler / automatic fire alarm systems and I have supervised the works on site to ensure that the said system(s) have been modified in accordance with Regulation 4(5) of the Fire Safety (Building Fire Safety) Regulations".
- All proposed works shall be coloured magenta on plan whereas deletion shall be indicated in yellow dotted lines;
- The plans are to be signed by the applicant/tenant and the Building Owner / Management Corporation. Alternatively, QP shall submit authorisation letters signed by applicant/tenant and the Building Owner / Management Corporation.
- Space of 150 mm x 100 mm on top right hand corner shall be kept blank for confidential manual plan submission for SCDF endorsement.