Fire Safety Tips for Year-End Festive Season
16 December 2020
During the upcoming year-end festive season, certain activities like cooking and
the use of decorative lights are expected to increase. SCDF would like to remind
members of the public to observe the following fire safety tips:
- Keep lit candles away from combustibles such as Christmas trees and
- Keep lighted materials away from children
- Do not leave cooking unattended
- Do not overload electrical sockets
- Inspect decorative lights for damage and replace those with frayed or worn
- Do not run wires or extension cords under carpets
- Turn off decorative lights before leaving the house
Fire safety is our collective responsibility and together we can help to reduce
fire occurrences in Singapore.
SCDF wishes everyone a safe and happy holidays.