Singapore Merit Scholarship
The Singapore Merit Scholarship (SMS) is awarded to promising students to pursue undergraduate studies at renowned universities. Upon the completion of your studies, you will be groomed to take on key positions in SCDF, where you will play an integral role in achieving the Force’s mission of protecting and saving lives and property.
Course of Study
Overseas or local degree in any discipline except Medicine, Dentistry, and Architecture.
*Applicants intending to pursue a degree in Law will not be called to the Bar while serving in the SCDF.
- Tuition and other approved fees
- Maintenance allowance
- Pre-studies allowance
- Return Economy Class airfare (if studying overseas)
- National Service disruption
- Sponsorship for Masters and Exchange Programmes (if requirements are met)
- Full salary for the duration of studies
Condition of Award
You will be bonded for five years (for studies in non-English-speaking countries) or six years (for studies in English-speaking countries), commencing the day you assume official duty after completing your studies.