I. What do you do when a fire breaks out?
When you Discover A Fire:
- Do not panic.
- Alert others to the fire by shouting.
- Evacuate the room/area and try to get everyone out of the premises without endangering yourself.
- If possible, close the door of the affected room to contain the fire.
- Dial 995 for the SCDF.
- Turn off gas mains if you can reach them.
- Activate the fire alarm at the nearest manual call point.
- Evacuate the building in an orderly manner via the stairs; do not use the lift.
- Do not return to the building until the authorities announce that it is safe to do so.