Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
1. Check for danger. Move casualty to a safe location, away from danger.
2. Tap casualty’s shoulder and shout, “Hello! Hello! Are you okay?”.
3. If there is no response, get someone to call 995 for an ambulance and another to get an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
4. Perform a head-tilt-chin-lift manoeuvre to open the airway.
5. Look, Listen and Feel for breathing up to 10 seconds.
6. If there is no breathing, begin CPR. Run your middle finger from the lower margin of the rib cage till you reach the notch in the center.
7. Place your index finger next to your middle finger. Put the heel of your other hand on the sternum next to the index finger.
8. Place hands with 2 pointing fingers on top of the other hand and interlace fingers. Position yourself immediately above the patient’s chest. Give 30 chest compressions.
9. Give 2 ventilations after the 30 chest compressions.
10. Continue CPR (30 compressions followed by 2 ventilations) until ambulance arrives or casualty shows signs of life.