Community Emergency Preparedness Programme (CEPP)
With effect from November 2016, SCDF's signature five-modular Community Emergency Preparedness Programme (CEPP) has been streamlined into a three-tier structured programme.
The content of the CEPP is also trimmed to focus on core lifesaving skills and essential emergency procedures with greater emphasis on practical hands-on engagements.
This will aid participants' understanding, improve their memory retention and most importantly, allow them to practically apply what they have learnt to help others during emergencies.
Revised CEPP-w.e.f Nov 2016
Module 1: First Aid
Module 2: One-Man CPR & AED
Module 3: Fire Safety & Casualty Evacuation
Module 4: Emergency Procedures
Module 5: Terrorism
'I AM SAFE' Programme (e-learning)
'RESPONSE READY' Programme
Revised CEPP Syllabus
'I AM SAFE' Programme (approximately 15 minutes)
This e-learning programme focuses on two key topics:
- What do you do when a fire breaks out?
- Improvised First Aid Skills (IFAS)
You will receive an e-certificate upon successful completion.
Click here to start the e-learning programme.
'RESPONSE READY' Programme (approximately 3 .5 hours)
Participants will learn basic Emergency Preparedness (EP) knowledge. The main focus of this programme will be on the practical hands-on training on three vital EP skills known as the 'Triangle of Life' (first aid, CPR-AED and firefighting).
- Overview of SGSecure
- Essential EP knowledge
- First Aid
- Roles of a First Aider and Scene Safety
- Contents of First Aid Kit
- Burns, Wounds and Bleeding Management
- Sprain Management
- CPR - AED
- Application of D.A.R.E concept
- Save-A-Life initiative
- Fire Fighting
- Procedures of operating a fire extinguisher and a hose reel
'LIFESAVER' Programme (approximately 4 hours)
As a follow up to the 'RESPONSE READY' programme, participants will learn the following comprehensive lifesaving skills as well as advanced EP knowledge namely:
- First Aid (enhanced)
- ImmobilisIng fractures
- Handling of fits
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of stroke
- 1-Man CPR-AED (including mouth-to-mouth resuscitation)
- 2-Men CPR
- Infant CPR
- Fire Safety & Evacuation and Procedures
- Triangle of Combustion
- Classes of Fire
- Refresher on Fire Extinguisher and Hose-reel operating procedures
- Methods of casualty evacuation
- Evacuation procedures in typical HDB residential estates & super high-rise residential buildings
- Emergency Procedures
- In Place Protection Procedures
- Knowledge on Public Warning System (PWS) Sirens
- Decontamination Procedures
Registration for 'RESPONSE READY'/ 'LIFESAVER' programme.
To register for the programmes, you can contact one of the 4 CD Division HQs nearest to your office/home.
Feedback / Queries
For feedback or queries, please call 6848 1525 or email to Wu_Qianhui@scdf.gov.sg