Community Emergency Preparedness Programme (CEPP)
Notice of Changes to the Community Emergency Preparedness Programme
Please be informed that in line with the latest revised community Safe Management Measures (SMMs), SCDF will be revising the CEPP class size to a maximum of 50 participants from 1 April 2022.
Vaccination-differentiated SMMS will continue to be implemented for CEPP classes. Participants will need to be fully vaccinated, recovered, or medically ineligible individuals before they can come onsite for training.
All participants are to wear their facemasks at all times.
We seek the cooperation of all participants to adhere to the measures put in place while attending the physical classes.
For CEPP “RESPONSE READY”, do note that participants are to complete the online theory portion via www.scdf.gov.sg/responseready before signing up
for the practical class. Please attach your e-certificate when signing up.
[Note: To register, please contact one of the 4 SCDF Division HQs nearest to your office/home. Click this link for their contact details.]
The Community Emergency Preparedness Programme (CEPP) focuses on core lifesaving skills and essential emergency procedures with greater emphasis on practical hands-on engagements.
This will aid participants' understanding and allow them to practically apply what they have learnt to help others during emergencies.
'I AM SAFE' Programme (approximately 15 minutes)
This e-learning programme focuses on two key topics:
- What do you do when a fire breaks out?
- Improvised First Aid Skills (IFAS) Plus
You will receive an e-certificate upon successful completion.
Click here to start the e-learning programme.
'RESPONSE READY' Programme
1) The e-learning component of this programme covers the ‘Triangle of Life’ knowledge, namely first aid, CPR-AED and firefighting, as well as an overview of SGSecure.
It takes at least 30 to 45 minutes to complete this module.
Click here to access the programme and receive an e-certificate upon successful completion.
2) Participants who complete the ‘Response Ready’ e-learning programme may choose to attend the physical lesson (approximately 3.0 hours) where the main focus will be on the practical hands-on training on the ‘Triangle
of Life’ skills.
'LIFESAVER' Programme (approximately 4 hours)
As a follow up to the 'RESPONSE READY' programme, participants will learn the following comprehensive lifesaving skills as well as advanced EP knowledge namely:
- First Aid (enhanced)
- ImmobilisIng fractures
- Handling of fits
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of stroke
- 1-Man CPR-AED (including mouth-to-mouth resuscitation)
- 2-Men CPR
- Infant CPR
- Fire Safety & Evacuation and Procedures
- Triangle of Combustion
- Classes of Fire
- Refresher on Fire Extinguisher and Hose-reel operating procedures
- Methods of casualty evacuation
- Evacuation procedures in typical HDB residential estates & super high-rise residential buildings
- Emergency Procedures
- In Place Protection Procedures
- Knowledge on Public Warning System (PWS) Sirens
- Decontamination Procedures
Registration for 'RESPONSE READY'/ 'LIFESAVER' programme.
To register for the programmes, you can contact one of the 4 CD Division HQs nearest to your office/home.
Feedback / Queries
For feedback or queries, please contact or email the following officers: