Community Emergency Preparedness Programme (CEPP)
We are pleased to inform that with effect from Saturday, 3rd October 2020, members of the public could once again attend our Community Emergency Preparedness Programme (CEPP).
In support of safe-distancing measures, SCDF has implemented a set of safe management measures to safeguard the health and well-being of our staff and CEPP participants.
The key safe management measures are as follows:
- Each CEPP class will be capped at a maximum of 16 participants
- To aid contract tracing, all participants will have to check-in via the SafeEntry app and to complete a health declaration
- All participants will have to undergo temperature screening. Those with temperature readings 37.5oC and above will be denied entry
- All participants are to wear their facemasks at all times
- All participants are to observe the social norms such keeping at least 1 m distance, avoid shaking hands, avoid talking loudly and ensuring good personal hygiene (e.g. regular handwashing/sanitising hands)
We seek the cooperation of all participants to adhere to the measures put in place while attending the physical classes.
For CEPP ‘RESPONSE READY’, do note that participants are to complete the online theory portion via www.scdf.gov.sg/responseready before
signing up for the practical class. Please attach your e-certificate when signing up.
[Note: To register, please contact one of the 4 SCDF Division HQs nearest to your office/home. Click here for their contact details]
The Community Emergency Preparedness Programme (CEPP) focuses on core lifesaving skills and essential emergency procedures with greater emphasis on practical hands-on engagements.
This will aid participants' understanding and allow them to practically apply what they have learnt to help others during emergencies.
'I AM SAFE' Programme (approximately 15 minutes)
This e-learning programme focuses on two key topics:
- What do you do when a fire breaks out?
- Improvised First Aid Skills (IFAS) Plus
You will receive an e-certificate upon successful completion.
Click here to start the e-learning programme.
'RESPONSE READY' Programme
1) The e-learning component of this programme covers the ‘Triangle of Life’ knowledge, namely first aid, CPR-AED and firefighting, as well as an overview of SGSecure.
It takes at least 30 to 45 minutes to complete this module.
Click here to access the programme and receive an e-certificate upon successful completion.
2) Participants who complete the ‘Response Ready’ e-learning programme may choose to attend the physical lesson (approximately 3.0 hours) where the main focus will be on the practical hands-on training on the ‘Triangle of Life’ skills.
'LIFESAVER' Programme (approximately 4 hours)
As a follow up to the 'RESPONSE READY' programme, participants will learn the following comprehensive lifesaving skills as well as advanced EP knowledge namely:
- First Aid (enhanced)
- ImmobilisIng fractures
- Handling of fits
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of stroke
- 1-Man CPR-AED (including mouth-to-mouth resuscitation)
- 2-Men CPR
- Infant CPR
- Fire Safety & Evacuation and Procedures
- Triangle of Combustion
- Classes of Fire
- Refresher on Fire Extinguisher and Hose-reel operating procedures
- Methods of casualty evacuation
- Evacuation procedures in typical HDB residential estates & super high-rise residential buildings
- Emergency Procedures
- In Place Protection Procedures
- Knowledge on Public Warning System (PWS) Sirens
- Decontamination Procedures
Registration for 'RESPONSE READY'/ 'LIFESAVER' programme.
To register for the programmes, you can contact one of the 4 CD Division HQs nearest to your office/home.
Feedback / Queries
For feedback or queries, please contact or email the following officers: