Community Emergency Preparedness Programme (CEPP)
|Measures for DORSCON Orange|
In view of the ongoing developments with COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019), we are taking additional precautionary measures.
Visitors to SCDF Establishments and participants of the Community Emergency Preparedness Programme will be subjected to temperature screening. Our personnel will also take note if you are displaying respiratory symptoms such as cough, runny nose and shortness of breath. If you are feeling unwell, we urge you not to attend the programmes. Our personnel will also be collecting details such as your name, contact number and date & time of visit for contact tracing purposes.
These additional measures will allow SCDF to mitigate the potential risks in large group or communal activities.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and may implement further measures should the situation escalate.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The Community Emergency Preparedness Programme (CEPP) focuses on core lifesaving skills and essential emergency procedures with greater emphasis on practical hands-on engagements.
This will aid participants' understanding and allow them to practically apply what they have learnt to help others during emergencies.
'I AM SAFE' Programme (approximately 15 minutes)
This e-learning programme focuses on two key topics:
- What do you do when a fire breaks out?
- Improvised First Aid Skills (IFAS) Plus
You will receive an e-certificate upon successful completion.
Click here to start the e-learning programme.
'RESPONSE READY' Programme (approximately 3.5 hours)
Participants will learn basic Emergency Preparedness (EP) knowledge. The main focus of this programme will be on the practical hands-on training on three vital EP skills known as the 'Triangle of Life' (first aid, CPR-AED and firefighting).
- Overview of SGSecure
- Essential EP knowledge
- First Aid
- Roles of a First Aider and Scene Safety
- Contents of First Aid Kit
- Burns, Wounds and Bleeding Management
- Sprain Management
- CPR - AED
- Application of D.A.R.E concept
- Save-A-Life initiative
- Fire Fighting
- Procedures of operating a fire extinguisher and a hose reel
'LIFESAVER' Programme (approximately 4 hours)
As a follow up to the 'RESPONSE READY' programme, participants will learn the following comprehensive lifesaving skills as well as advanced EP knowledge namely:
- First Aid (enhanced)
- ImmobilisIng fractures
- Handling of fits
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of stroke
- 1-Man CPR-AED (including mouth-to-mouth resuscitation)
- 2-Men CPR
- Infant CPR
- Fire Safety & Evacuation and Procedures
- Triangle of Combustion
- Classes of Fire
- Refresher on Fire Extinguisher and Hose-reel operating procedures
- Methods of casualty evacuation
- Evacuation procedures in typical HDB residential estates & super high-rise residential buildings
- Emergency Procedures
- In Place Protection Procedures
- Knowledge on Public Warning System (PWS) Sirens
- Decontamination Procedures
Registration for 'RESPONSE READY'/ 'LIFESAVER' programme.
To register for the programmes, you can contact one of the 4 CD Division HQs nearest to your office/home.
Feedback / Queries
For feedback or queries, please contact or email the following officers: