CD NSmen & NSF
Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT)
NEW INDIVIDUAL PHYSICAL PROFICIENCY TEST (IPPT) FORMAT
- The new three-station test format comprises of push-up, sit-up, and 2.4km run. These stations will measure the strength and cardiovascular fitness of the officers (see Table 1).
Table 1: IPPT Options based on PES Status
Basic Fitness Component
Upper body strength and endurance
Abdominal strength and endurance
Cardiovascular fitness, and lower body strength and endurance
- For purpose of the test, participants are grouped into 3-year age bands according to their age as at the 1st day of the work year. The age categories are as given in Table 2 below.
Table 2: IPPT Age Banding from 1st April 2015
National Servicemen Full-time (NSFs)
- From 1st Apr 2015, all full time National Servicemen (NSF) must take the new 3-station IPPT. The IPPT requirements for NSF will take reference from their Date of Enlistment (DOE) with effect from 1st Sep 2014, i.e. if an NSF is enlisted on 1st Sep 2014, his 1st year IPPT requirement is to take and clear his IPPT by 31st Aug 2015, and his 2nd year requirement will be from 1st Sep 2015 to 31 Aug 2016.
Table 3: Home Team IPPT Award Eligibility
HT - Award Type
Total Points Required
Pass with Incentive (NSmen)
Pass (Active – Regular & NSF)
|NSmen - $200|
|NSF - $200|
NSmen - $300
NSF - $300
Gold (DART/STAR/SOC (1)/SECCOM (1) and (2)
NSF - $300
- All NSF enlisted from 1st Sep 2013 onwards will be eligible for the new IPPT incentives of $300 for gold award and $200 for silver award for test taken from 1st Sep 2014 onwards with the incentives capped at $300 for gold and $200 for silver for each qualifying year of enlistment. (NSF enlisted between 1st Sep 2013 to 30 Aug 2014 will only qualify for the new incentive the test taken in their 2nd year of enlistment.)
- Please click here for more details of the IPPT scoring tables.