CD NSmen & NSF

ePREP

The ePrep (Electronic Preparatory) is a scheme introduced since March 2008 to provide subsidised online preparatory and refresher courses for NSFs through the internet for their transition to further studies or the workforce.


Under the scheme, all NSFs would be eligible to participate in e-Prep during their last 12 months of service and 1 year after their Operationally Ready Date (ORD). Each NSF will be given ePrep credit of $350 to offset up to 90% of the course fees, and the remaining 10% will be borne by the NSF. Individual NSF will be notified by post when they become eligible for the scheme. NSFs can access and complete the e-learning courses at their own time via the internet as all the courses are delivered through the internet. NSFs are required to update their personal email address via ESS (Employee Self Service), NSPAM and have a valid SingPass to access the ePREP Internet website at http://www.ns.sg.

 

In order to create awareness and receptivity to ePREP among the NS Personnel, quarterly road shows are conducted to introduce the scheme to all eligible NSFs. During the roadshows, talks are conducted by the course providers followed by exhibition at the HomeTeamNS Bukit Batok.

 

To encourage our NSFs to participate in the ePREP scheme, SCDF will refund the 10% course fee paid by the NSF upon completion of the very 1st ePREP course. This was implemented with effect from 1st July 2010. Completed courses will be captured into the Certificate of Service (COS).

 

back to top

Last updated on 27th Jan 2011