Minor Addition/Alteration Works
Definition of Minor A&A
Minor Addition / Alteration to fire safety works refers to the erection or delection of internal partitions (including alteration to fire protection system). The erection of internal partitions should only involve materials of lightweight non-combustible construction and must not affect the fire compartmentation and means of escape provisions, or pose additional fire hazard to the building.
Minor additions / alterations to fire safety works are only applicable to
- Shop, office or an approved ancillary office in industrial premises
- Temporary Fire Permit (TFP) or a Fire Safety Certificate (FSC) should have already been obtained.
The plans can be lodged by the following types of QPs:
- Registered architect; or
- Professional Engineer (Civil); or
- Professional Engineer (Structure); or
- Professional Engineer (Mechanical); or
- Professional Engineer (Electrical).
Criteria for Minor A&A
Works that do not affect the fire resistance of element of struction and the fire compartment;
Works that do not affect means of escape;
Works that do not affect the wet / dry riser / landing / hosereel;
Works that do not involve change of usage;
Works that do not involve increase of floor area;
Works that do not involve raise floor system;
Works that do not involve conservation project;
Any other works which would not contravene the Act and the Regulations.
Within 21 days upon completion of the minor addition / alteration works, the Qualified Person shall lodge the plan with SCDF through CORENET e-submission. The lodgement fee for each submission is $90.
Compliance to the following guidelines
The plan shall comprise with the following:
- Site plan / location plan;
- Whole floor plan in detail - indicating clearly the exits / exit staircases available and the type of fire protection system for the building;
- Detailed layout plan of the addition / alteration indicating:
- The usage of all rooms / areas / compartments;
- The contents of store(s);
- The existing fire doors with rating;
- The layout of sprinklers / detectors.
- Sectional plan of the proposed works;
- Details of partitions, including the type of construction / materials used;
- The QP shall endorse on the right hand side of the plan as follows:
"I __________(Qualified Person's name) in accordance with Regulation 4(5) of the Fire Safety (Building Fire Safety) Regulations hereby certify that the Minor Addition/Alteration works have been satisfactorily completed on _______ (date); and
"I certify that the addition / alteration works do not affect the existing fire protection system in accordance with Regulation 4(5) of the Fire Safety (Building Fire Safety) Regulations"; or
"I certify that the addition / alteration works as shown in these drawings affected the existing *sprinkler / automatic fire alarm systems and I have supervised the works on site to ensure that the said system(s) have been modified in accordance with Regulation 4(5) of the Fire Safety (Building Fire Safety) Regulations".
- All proposed works shall be coloured red on plan whereas deletion shall be indicated in yellow dotted lines;
- The plans are to be signed by the applicant/tenant and the Building Owner / Management Corporation.
- Space of 150 mm x 100 mm on top right hand corner shall be kept blank for all plans for FSSD endorsement.
back to top
Last updated on 3rd Aug 2015